Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Give me an F!

This past Friday had me doing a little cheer. There may have been some arms and legs flailing about, but don't worry no one got their eye poked out. Normally, I think the letter 'F' gets a bad rap unless, of course, it stands for the "Fever"... you know the "Spartan Fever". Or when it stands for Food Trucks and First Fridays!

In Kansas City, this all goes down in the Crossroads District the first Friday of every month (thank you Captain Obvious). If you live in the area and haven't been, you should get it on your calendar pronto! With all that cheering, I worked up an appetite. Lucky for me the food trucks now have a permanent parking lot at 21st and Wyandotte.
Where the magic happens...

So many trucks so little time!
Scott doesn't quite get my obsession since there isn't usually a whole lot I can eat (thank you Celiac Disease), but it's more about the atmosphere and the people watching! I had chicken tacos and Scott went with the meatball sliders - delish.
'Cluck Yeah' slider and Chicken Taco



Cute boy - I think I'll take him home.


Mid-eats
After stuffing our faces, we spent the evening walking around watching street performers and catching...



If you do venture down to the Crossroads and you like pottery, check out Archival Designs. It is one of my favorite spots.

'Mugshot' at Archival Designs
Kemper at the Crossroads always has unique exhibits. This is from Eric Fertman's 'Here's Your Hat, What's Your Hurry' and will be at the gallery through July.
 
Kemper at the Crossroads
18th and Wyandotte is fun anytime with a cafe and a few shops. Usually, you can find street dancers here on a First Friday. They are awesome!
18th and Wyandotte
I really like the one below and found it in the old Arts Incubator space. I think it is now the Todd Weiner Gallery (unfortunate last name).
Buy me this. It's only $2500.

Street band - not sure what's up with the masks?!



My ride home...gas is so expensive these days. I wonder if I can get one with a cup holder...
If you haven't been, there is so much more to see! So, pick a nice Friday night and head on down for food and fun. Oh, and remember, respect people's personal space! (SNL Spartans)

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment