Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In Bloom

 "Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'" - Robin Williams

And by party, I'm sure Mr. Williams meant the "Garden" variety ;-). One my favorite ways to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon is digging in the dirt. With the weather being unseasonably warm, Scott and I have spent the last couple of weekends doing just that!

"I'll take one of everything please and thanks!"

Potential!

This will be our third season using the square foot gardening method. We use the mix listed here  and we loosely follow the other rules (you know 'cause we like to live on the wild side). What could be better than a garden that requires no weeding?! If you've been thinking about giving gardening a try, this is a good way to start.

One day maybe we will have space for a bigger garden, but this works great for the two of us. Our strawberry plants are full of blooms right now. I'm hoping I can keep the squirrels away!

Some other spring loves...
  • Fresh salads
 
  • Weekend hikes
My sweet little turd nugget...
  • Outdoor concert venues
Grinders
I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting...
What are some of your favorite springtime activities?
It's Wednesday folks and we are over halfway to the weekend! Sweet.
-M  

No comments:

Post a Comment