Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Blind Date

I set a goal for myself to get this blog up and running by the first of the year. I did manage to get it created, but then left it for the last couple of weeks. I thought about it several times, but somehow managed to leave it void of any content. What is it about putting your thoughts and feelings out there that leaves us all (or maybe just me) a little shy? I gave myself a pep-talk and here I am.

Now, I have only been on a couple of blind dates in my life. My soon-to-be-hubs was one of them :). I remember that mix of excitement and nervousness before our first date and, as weird as it sounds, this feels a little the same. Seeing as I am betrothed to my last blind date, I have high hopes for you and me. So, for our first date I am taking you to one of my favorite spots!

The first weekend of every month in Kansas City Urban Mining Homewares opens its doors for fun vintage shopping. To say I love it would be an understatement. I lurve it!
This sign was calling me like a beacon in the night! :) The bobcat in the background is what I use to take home all my wares! Just kidding! (sort of)

Inside you will find two floors filled with anything and everything you could imagine! From unique furniture pieces to vintage clothes to collectibles - it is wonderful!

This weekend I bought vintage dishes (right now I am loving mismatched place settings and for $20 I couldn't say no). I also bought a beautiful blown glass decanter.

I also saw this gem below - any guesses on what this is??? It is called a "Permanent Wave Machine" . Can you believe women used to attach themselves to this contraption and crank up the voltage?! The things a girl will do in the name of beauty! It looks like a torture device!

Other interesting finds this weekend included an atari (with both joysticks) and a WHAM record. "Careless Whisper" anyone? ;)


Do you like vintage shopping? Any recommendations for me in the KC area?



No comments:

Post a Comment