Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wink, Wink

Howdy!
"Howdy, Ma'm" is what greeted me as I got out of my car at the gas station this morning. Contrary to popular belief, most mid-westerners don't say "Howdy," but coming from this older gentleman it made me smile. Then, as if it couldn't get any better, he opened the door for me and winked. Not just a <wink>, but a <wink,wink>. I would be lying if I said I wasn't taken aback just a little at first but, once I realized it was harmless, it made my morning commute awesome.

So on my drive from the gas station to work, I officially (yeas - 1, nays - 0) decided that I'm bringing back the <wink>! Thus far, I have tried it out on two unsuspecting victims. The first person said "What's wrong with your face?!" (rude). The second person made a 90 degree turn and walked away from me as fast as her little legs would carry her. I'd try to explain myself, but I can't find her. I think she might be hiding from me.

I may be down, but I am not defeated. I'm still adding the <wink> to my arsenal of nonverbal cues; however, maybe it should be used with more discretion. Unless you're 70 and drive an old Ford F-150. In THAT case, you can wink at ME all you want! Maybe then you and I will drive off into the sunset.... Partner.

Happy Thursday <wink, wink>
-M

2 comments: