Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Not So January

Hello Friends!
For those of you living in the Midwest, I hope you have been outside enjoying the past few days. It has been beautiful here in KC, and I have been taking every opportunity to get outside and play in it. This morning we took our dogs out to Saeger Woods Conservation Area for a little hike. We went out to Saeger Woods several times last fall, and our girls enjoy it each time we take them. The trail is around 2 or 3 miles. This morning was a special treat as the girls were able to walk off-leash the whole time! They were in heaven, and Scott and I can claim the "Good Fur-Parent" award for another week.

In addition to our little hike, we went running. This is huge for me as I haven't been out since October of last year. I have been battling a hip injury, but it felt so good to stretch my legs today! I'm hopeful I can continue to ease back into it. The rest period over the last couple of months has been tough, but I feel like I am coming back to running with a new energy. I ran a 15K back in September and it was a struggle to stay motivated throughout the training. I think the forced break has helped me realize I need to focus on the fun of the run rather than putting too much pressure on myself.
 The bottom picture is accurate and I have race pictures to prove it!

With all that exercise, I decided we needed treats around this place and I knew just what to make... Mama Peas Snowball Cookies. I made them into bars this time; otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. These are so good and a healthier version of the traditional no-bake cookie.
 I just noticed that all of these ingredients came from Trader Joe's - I love that place - it's a sickness really.
 In the pan ready to cool! I may or may not have licked the bowl...
And there you have it...now excuse me while I stuff my face! I hope you have a great rest of the week!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment