Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Be Mine

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." -Charles M. Schultz

I've been crafty this weekend - I know - scary. It doesn't happen that often and I have learned to embrace it when it does. Most times it just turns into a hot mess, but sometimes it works out.

I was searching for a treat to take to my coworkers for Valentine's Day next week, and I ran across this Salted Caramel recipe. Ooey, gooey, sweet and salty - Yes Please! I had most of the ingredients already but I did have to make a stop at Sur La Table for a candy thermometer. I made toffee over Christmas using a meat thermometer. Yes, I know they aren't the same, but I thought I could wing it by judging how far the dial passed 0 (like I told you before - hot mess). This time I thought I would at least start out with the right tools, and I can always use an excuse to shop at Sur La Table.
Good idea to gather up all the ingredients before you get started.



Somebody give me a spoon ;)

All ready for wrapping!

I also practiced my garland making skills. I want to make garland for our wedding this summer, and thought Valentine's Day might be a good excuse to practice and hang it on the wall. Who doesn't LOVE paper hearts?!

OK, enough about crafts and Valentine's Day. Anyone see Safe House this weekend? Scott and I saw it and it is SO GOOD! How can you go wrong with Denzel - ever?

-M





No comments:

Post a Comment